Thursday, June 28, 2007

Everyday should be a holiday from real

Yesterday was a pretty good day.
It was my dad's birthday, and all the big bosses at work were at some conference in a different state, so there was virtually no work all day except for a few things to copy and two transmittals. In other words, I got paid more than $100 yesterday for sitting on my computer, either going on the internet or writing my story, while trying to look like I was working, but in fact couldn't because there was no work to be done. A pretty good, and slightly boring, situation to be had. I did get to the fifth chapter of my book, though, which is pretty nice, and I'm probably about halfway through. [When I say "book," I really mean a long story that I write for fun when I have too many ideas in my head.]

Dad decided to take me out for sushi, naturally, on his birthday. We took a very long lunch and went to a place in the middle of Worcester. The food was pretty excellent. The guy "found out" it was his birtday and brought him the large sake for the price of the small. For dessert, dad got some banana/ice cream/cookie thing and I couldn't decided between the Green Tea Ice Cream and the Lemon Sorbet. The waitor, who was very sweet, said that I "didn't have to choose" and brought out both for me, which I devoured, for the price of one.
This is definitely not New York.

I spent the rest of the day [obviously] not doing any work, and finished it off with a family dinner/cake and smores at my friend's house.
Successful, no? If only everyday could be so easy.

Tonight... retirement dinner for a Polish man I have never met at some pub in this city, which inevitably means I will be getting home very, very late. Curse you, car pool.


Dear sister [if you're even my sister anymore?],
Please respond to my texts and calls soon. I am coming into New York City tomorrow for the weekend, and I've heard rumors that you might be coming home at the same time?
If your purpose is to avoid me by not ever responding, well that's okay I guess. If you are dead then I guess you have a pretty good excuse, but I'm still angry you didn't tell me first. Since apparently I have to resort to a message on my blog to communicate with you, I will tell you that I am staying with my friend in Jersey - right outside the city - and we'll be coming in to look [and find] an apartment on at least two of the days I will be there. So there it is.
If I see you, which would be nice, then I'll see you. If not, then have fun in the countryside? :(
Love,
Space Alien

1 comment:

moonrat said...

poo. things have been very difficult hereabouts. i'm not sure of my weekend plans. i think that given a variety of details i can't go home.

why don't you just stay with me? and dude--look at craigslist first, so you have some places to check out. i can refer you to my realtor, if you want.