Tuesday, June 19, 2007

You were holding my trust like a child

Yesterday my first paycheck was waiting for me when I got home from work.
It was probably the most genuinely happy moment of the last few weeks. It was also the biggest paycheck I have ever recieved... and it was for just one week. Two weeks from then it will be double.

Right now, I am planning to move into my new apartment around August 12-14. Is there a way to start an apartment lease in the middle of a month? That would be best, as far as when paychecks come, school starts, etc.

If I calculated right [and I stick to the budget I created!], then I will have spending money until the first week of December, without having secured a job yet. That's including my purchases of a hair straightener, digital camera, and iPod; which I think are all necessities in the city. You know.
But I do plan on job hunting the first week I'm in the city, leaving all that leftover as extra spending/leisure money.

I have a plan. I have a plan. I have a plan.
Just watch, I am going to look back at this in late October when the money runs out and not understand where I went wrong...

3 comments:

moonrat said...

you're cute. late october. ha.

that's ok. i'll always feed you. and by "i" i mean "the rally monkey."

moonrat said...

btw i see how you keep posting during what at some companies are considered "working hours" teehee. you must be SUPERbusy.

Space Alien said...

Well, the problem is I will get assigned 3 really huge projects all at the same time, make a system, and have them all finished by 2 or 3 in the afternoon, so then I'm stuck with nothing else to do all day.

I think it's generally more of the people in charge of me misjudging the time it will take to do a project.

The first few days, I'd immediately run back to them whenever I'd finish and ask for more, then they'd send me back to my desk with sorting papers or printing something ridiculous that gets thrown out later anyways.

I quickly learned to sit at my desk and let the projects come to me.
But there's a lot of extra downtime...


hahaha Hopefully by october I have a good job, so it won't matter.
And when I said the beginning of december, I was giving myself $100 spending money, but I guess that didn't include food, so it will definitely run out much more quickly! haha We shall see...