Monday, February 25, 2008

Anime, ah knee meh.

I'm watching Steam Boy right now, and I've realized, though it's a great movie so far, that there are common problems in a lot of the most famous anime.

Namely; location. I don't understand why the majority of anime films take place outside of Japan, generally in Western Europe. The culture, and obviously language, unless you're silly enough to watch the dubbed versions, still remains. In fact, movies like Kiki's Delivery Service are completely Japanese in culture.

I guess American movies tend to do similar things. Actually a lot of American films take place in other countries with American culture portrayed, and I realize I'm being hypocritical....

But, that doesn't mean that a typical British man in Steam Boy has to look exactly like Abraham Lincoln. I think that Japanese culture is fantastic, and not everyone should be blonde and European. That's all.

This was clearly a pointless rant. Hmmm.

1 comment:

moonrat said...

wanna hear a pointless rant? YOU SMELLLLL. nya.